Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CTL 1609 begins! :)

Open lines of communication always warm me up. So, when Clare started a discussion about what could be some potential problems we could face in this online course, it felt like a community. With everyone sharing their ideas of what works and what doesn’t work for them in online courses, I felt safe to share mine. I also got a chance to elaborate on the fact that my social outlook and my own personality make me a better fit for online courses. Computer-mediated communication refreshes me. It opens up several wonderful opportunities for expression in my case. I hardly mention this elsewhere, but my graduate diploma in Journalism which culminated with a Frank Moraes memorial award for Editing gives me confidence in written expression.

Another issue discussed was 'Tagging'. In the beginning, I wasn't too sure what to think of it, but it became clear with the readings and discussion that it was a technique to follow if one has to stay on top of the exponentially increasing information and use it to one's benefit.

The interesting biographies of some of my amazing classmates are providing a forum for rich conversation - again helping to build community. It was so funny running into a classmate who is in India at this time and basically living the life that could have totally been mine! Small world I guess. Even smaller with Computer-mediated communication around!

No comments:

Post a Comment