Saturday, August 27, 2011

Finally.. Relaxation [the Individual Project] (1799-10)

Illness kept me away from the computer for a few days. However, it did not prevent me from thinking constantly about the course. Particularly of interest to me was the Individual project. Before starting it, I had several thoughts:

  • - Maybe a collection of technology resources, it might help me down the road in the resource type of position that I have;
  • - How about something for my own and/or other teachers’ professional development – a compilation of audio-visual content as well as powerful journal articles;
  • - I could set up something for my students that would save me time in the next year.

After a lot of thought, I completely changed my mind. An aid in this decision was Selia’s domain AstralSite. I noticed that a professional’s profile did not have to be limited to their professional prowess and what resources they can provide to the world. A little bit of one’s own personality is also an essential component. I have to say though that I salute Selia’s effort of compiling everything from lifelong learning resources, course-specific pages, educational sites, portfolios and presentations to explorations, contemplation resorts, oases and much more thought-provoking and pleasurable resources.

With the Internet a commonality in everyone’s daily life, some intellectual relief also needs to be provided in some corners of the World Wide Web. So, I decided to create a thought-provoking, relaxing spot on the internet that would reach out to the depths of the human mind. It is not my professional prowess at stake here. This is a judgement of the application of my mind and spirit to the world of information technology. I wanted to weave in emotions, poetry and thoughtfulness into this website. Images and words always inspire me and bring me solace. I wanted to make all this a part of my individual project. After all, it is my individual project – something that is in matching with my personal values, my sense of being, my personality and my spirit. And thus came into being, “ThinkDreamLive” (available at http://www.wix.com/nitashori/thinkdreamlive).

No comments:

Post a Comment