Saturday, July 30, 2011

Checkpoint (1799-6)

As I ponder over what I have learnt in this course so far, I find there have been lots of opportunities for meaningful education:

- - There has been a lot of choice in review of articles which means that we could choose what really meant to us.

- - Our group project was also based on group consensus. The suggested list of topics was very broad and additional thoughts were welcomed as well.

- - The individual project was an overwhelming idea but we had the opportunity of thinking about what we were passionate about and thought would be a worthwhile topic to explore and express. There was also an ongoing discussion about our topics which helped to get review and feedback as to the credibility of the idea.

At a PD workshop once, I had realized the importance of offering choice. In fact, the facilitator had suggested offering choice of assessment as well. I have used this approach occasionally in my classroom and found it to be extremely beneficial in harnessing the strong points of all the learners.

I guess, having control is what makes a big difference because then the learner can work with what best suits him.

No comments:

Post a Comment